Thursday, July 17, 2008

Loving Life in Colorado


You may all know that I absolutely LOVE California. It's got everything I need: ocean, mountains, forest, and on. But I have also found my second (geographic) love: Colorado.
For the past week or so, I have been playing here in the Rocky Mountains. My days usually go something like this:
  • Wake up (naturally) around 6 or 6.30


  • Hit the hiking trails for about 10-15 miles at 10k+ altitude (which really doesn't seem to bother me as much I have come to find out)


  • Hit the local library for some catching up on e-mail, reading magazines, etc. (public libraries are great fun and, as is important for a student like me, FREE)

  • Go to a coffee shop and read the rest of the afternoon


  • Return to my campsite, make dinner, read some more and fall asleep by 9.30 or 10

There are few places that are as beautiful and have relaxed me as much as Colorado.


(More to come....once I can upload pictures)

3 comments:

David Ray said...

I am jealous and happy for you at the same time. Waiting on pics.

Adelyn said...

That sounds like such an ideal existance :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog came up as I checked google for good trail runs around ATL. Thanks for posting the great map of Atlanta trails! This is awesome - I needed some motivation to get my run in today and I'm happy to have a change of scenery!