Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Streaking Again...

So there you have it. I'm streaking again. It's public now, which means that I'm committed (I wouldn't lie to you :)). Not sure whether I can reach my previous record of 282 days, a streak cut short by big root last year. (It turns out that one tendon is not enough to run on; you need four in each foot).

For those of you who don't know what streaking is, it refers to running at least one consecutive mile for as many days in a row as you can. There is even an official club. Some people have streaks going that are decades old, which is nearly impossible to comprehend for me.

Right now, my streak is nothing to write home about. It stands at thirteen. However, it really changed my body last year, especially its ability to recover quickly. That helps in ultras. Which is something else I want to get back into. See you out on the trails!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Streak! Streak! Streak!
uh, okay, maybe chanting that doesn't help.
Good luck with it.

David Ray said...

Huh. I thought you'd gone all California here and started running bare.

Different kind of streaking. Good luck with that anyway.