Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Anybody Have Experience in Running in Santiago de Chile?

Because of a wonderful program here at UC Berkeley, I will be traveling to and working in Santiago de Chile for close to a month in the May/June time frame. The majority of my time there will be spent working on a clean tech project, but hopefully I will have a little bit of time to explore and go running. Needless to say I'm beyond excited!

Knowing that Santiago is one of most developed cities in South America, I am still a bit unsure as to what running is like (weather, safety, etc.) down there. I was hoping to participate in a six hour race only a week or so after my return. If you've visited and can share you're experience with me, please send me an e-mail.

joy!

3 comments:

David Ray said...

And I thought San Francisco was exotic.

Leslie said...

Whooot! How exciting for you! I'm going international, too. I'm supporting a friend in a hardcore Australian Ultra at the end of March. Crew required (that's me!). I imagine you are going to have to "wait and see!" what the reality is - either way, it will be a great adventure.

Jean Pommier said...

Wow, Dave, what an opportunity and what a picture! Seems like all you need is to find a bus dropping you at the bottom of the nearby mountains. Assuming there are trails on these mountains!
Sorry, I know nothing about running south of Costa Rica, hope you find connections over the Internet before you go there.

Jean.
Farther Faster