Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Running Daily

I run seven days a week. At least one mile (but usually more). I started running because I heard about the Running Streakers Association. You have to run at least 365 consecutive days at least one mile to be able to join. The hardest thing at first was definitely getting used to never having a rest day. Rest days usually mean two or three easy miles now. The first month was definitely the hardest. It was also the month with the lowest mileage all year (averaging around 20 miles a week or so).

I’ve been keeping this up since December 31st, 2006 (day of first run) and haven’t really found a reason to stop. The runs are the hardest when work gets busy (60, 70 hours/week and I’m traveling) and not when I'm putting the most miles in. But I haven’t stopped yet.

Today was consecutive run number 207.

No comments: