Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why I Am Writing This Blog

The number one reason is certainly guilt. I spend some time every week reading my favorite blogs from around the web. Mostly they’re written by everyday people such as Scott or Addy. They may not know it, but they are very inspiring. It doesn’t matter whether they’re faster or slower than me. But it’s the outlook on life, the positive attitude and joy of running (trails) that make me come back over and over and follow their (running) lives. For their inspiration I am very grateful.

The second reason is that I want to keep some sort of record of my running endeavors. Sure, I have my running log, but it doesn’t tell the whole story of some of the more memorable runs, races, etc. And if somebody wants to follow along, then all the better! I think most of us everyday runners underestimate the power to inspire others to live a healthier lifestyle. If only one person gets inspired to start running because of this blog, well then it was well worth it!

The third reason is the most selfish one. I haven’t found many blogs specific by Georgia runners in general and Atlanta runners in particular. I’d love to build some sort of small community, so that when I say Cochran Shoals, Kennesaw Mountain or Sweetwater State Park, they know where I’m running.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave,
I grew up in Kennesaw, but live in Athens now. I used to run the Pigeon Hill to Kolb Farm trail all the time, so keep writing about Georgia trail running and I'll keep reading.

Brian