Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Running Among Giants

As mentioned before, I went camping in Sequoia National Park last week. After getting my bearings, I decided to head out for an easy 6 mile jaunt on the Trail of Sequoias. It was like running through a spread in TrailRunner Magazine, my buddy Greg would say. I had no problem breathing at the 6-7k altitude. My jaw was dropped the whole time. The Giant Forest at Sequoia may be the most magnificent forest in the world. Here are some pictures.

That's me and the bottom of a real life Sequoia.

Shadow and light.


A post about running in the High Country is next.

3 comments:

Mark Tanaka (Ultrailnakaman) said...

Nice, welcome to California, Atlanta Dave! Just hope it doesn't all burn down...

Adelyn said...

Sequoias are so amazing :) My experence with them is limited to the sequoias in Yosemite, but I'd love to go to Sequoia park someday!

runningtwig said...

Amazing pictures!