Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Yoga!

I’m slowly (!) getting back into shape. I took another big step towards recovery last night by visiting my regular yoga class after a two+ months break.

Yoga has become my favorite form of cross-training this year. I go to a yoga-only studio that sits in an old warehouse-type building on 9th street off Howell Mill Rd. It’s the kind of place where you walk in stressed out from the hussle and bussle of a busy work day (or from trying to rush there, so you’re not late, as is usually the case with me) and walk out all relaxed wondering how you ever got so stressed out in the first place.

My yoga skills are poor to say the least. My hamstrings are as tight as anyone’s. As a matter of fact, I refer to myself as “special” while in class. Needless to say the classes are extremely challenging even though they are beginner’s level. I have always considered this my hardest workout of the week, even back when I was running 50+ miles a week including 20+ miles long runs on the weekends.

I’m glad to be back!

No comments: