Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Drought

So, I’m sure all of you have heard about the ongoing drought in Georgia. I recently ran along the trails of Lake Allatoona at Red Top Mountain State Park. Allatoona is the second largest lake near Atlanta and one of the most important water sources for the city. Below are some pictures I took of the effect the drought has had on the lake. Recent rain falls have increased the water levels by two feet. Note that these pictures were taken after these rainfalls.


2 comments:

Jason Rockman said...

Dave,
When were you at RT? I was up there on Sunday to help clear a portion of the trail for the upcoming race. Nice park. Its crazy how low the lake is.

Hope you are doing well.

Christine said...

Oh man that's rough. It actually rained in Savannah today. I think its the second time my puppy has seen rain in 8 months...haha. He doesnt know what to do!